Monday, December 12, 2005

Frivolous spending to recapture part of my childhood... or just cause havoc.

I just decided to buy a lunchbox. For no real or apparent reason. I just kind of want one again. Maybe I can pack little snacks or something in it for work. And leave myself little notes of inspiration to get me through the day:

Chin up, Tiger! Your day will come. Have the bestest day ever!
:)
Love,
D.

Whenever the school year rolls around in August I always say I'm gonna get one, but I always end up putting it off. That's why I should probably go ahead and get one now while I'm thinking about it.

Of course I've only been here for a few months and I don't know how the others would handle seeing me walk in with a lunch box. They'd either think I was retarded or looking for a fight. But it might be worth the whole thing just for the first day's reactions. Hmmmm.....


I remember having this one when I was 8.

D

4 comments:

The Icon said...

Thank God there's someone else.

I've been wanting to buy a lunchbox for a LONG time.Not just to carry my lunch in, though that would make sense, but what a way to separate yourself from everyone else in the office.

I can see it now: Everyone is brown bagging it and then, in walks Chris with his Flash Gordon metal lunch box.

You get one, I'll get one. Promise.

D said...

What?!?!?!!?!??!?!!?

Fine. I'll buy a seperate mug for that then. Unless...how about OJ & vodka?

Erin said...

Vodka & sprite is way more tasty than oj. Put the vodka in the thermos and bring a can of sprite!

Anonymous said...

http://www.lunchboxshop.com/

This is the best site to find lunchboxes. There's even a perfect one for Chris (http://www.lunchboxshop.com/supper.html).

Personally, I love lunchboxes. I miss the Muppet one I had as a kid. I couldn't take one to work now though, as I get made fun of for bringing my lunch in a brown paper bag.

When did brown bagging lunch become not cool?