Saturday, December 24, 2005

I don't know how you would wrap this one...

Dear Santa,
I know this is kind of last minute and I've already published my Christmas List earlier, but that was in November for Christ's sake...sorry. I mean, I think that I deserve a do-over.

I finally know what I want for Christmas. And I think that it's something that maybe you can help with, but if not, at least I tried asking.

All I want for Christmas is my confidence back. I realized that I'm missing this again and it sucks. I'm not talking about my usual confidence and sarcastic semi-bravado that I still have; I mean the zen-like, "I can do and say whatever I want to and get away with it and I'm gonna draw you to me and there's nothing you can do about it because I'm that fucking charming" confidence that I had a few months ago.

I miss that. It was great. Everything just kind of rolled off my back and I took everything in stride and people really gravitated towards me.

And I want it back.

So, Santa; that's all I want for Christmas this year. And I want a lifetime supply of it too. You may as well go all out this year and I'll take care of the rest. Trust me.

I'll leave beer and snacks tonight.
Thanks,

D

2 comments:

Erin said...

Nachos and Beer, Derek. That is what you should leave.

My family is going to leave Oreos and Coca-Cola. Apparently Santa doesn't like milk.

And don't forget the carrots for Rudolph!

Merry Christmas!

The Icon said...

I think you are one charming dude. I find myself lost in your eyes on a regular basis and hypnotized by the sound of your voice.

But not in any kind of gay way.