Monday, December 05, 2005

I guess she was only signed for a couple of episodes...

So, "Screw Big, Dumb American" apparently just had it's Holiday Special. And I bet it was a doozy too. Like a really good plot twist that you don't expect on your favorite show, it just hits you and keeps the audience clamoring for more.

The latest twist/gimmick/screw-job for my life's show? I got dumped. Well, dumped is a harsh word really. It wasn't on bad terms or anything, it was just long distance relationships and I apparently don't go together. I apparently do not warrant the kind of special effort it takes for someone to maintain a long distance relationship with me. Silly me for thinking so highly of myself.

But this post is not for pouting, no just to inform. I pouted enough this weekend. I gave myself the whole weekend to sulk, pout, doubt myself and drink all I wanted so that I can try to get back on track this week.

And drink I did. 2 cases in 2 days means I met my objective. Scott summarized Friday night for me with "I heard you put on a level 5 drunk last night." Yeah, I guess I did. We worked it up to, what, 10 big beers? That's roughly 30 beers? I got off the phone and headed straight to the bar looking to get drunk. And I found drunk along with hammered, sloshed, wasted, pissed, and a host of others. ....And I sang Cake's rendition of "I will survive."

Saturday continued the drowning of the sorrows (sort of). It was really more of "I still feel like getting hammered, but I'm not so sad." That was to the tune of 18 (?) beers. Sunday was a mild mannered night with only the last 6 I had left from the night before.

So that's that. Another rating's boost for the show. Another night that'll be placed in my personal "Drinking Hall of Fame". Another girl who'll never wake up one day and realize she made the biggest mistake of her life. Another entry for the blog. This one may carry over to good, old LC for comedic reasons.

And it sucks about all the shit you lose when you stop dating someone. Everything seems to be a reminder: TV shows, movies, songs, they way I fold the paper covering for my straws. Everything. And...wait a second...was I a rebound? Shit. Oh well, whatever. What's done is done.

Please, no "I'm sorry", "Plenty of fish in the sea", "It happened for a reason" and all that jazz. Gotten enough of those lately. But thanks for any warm sentiments felt in my general direction.

D

Singing (badly) and some drunk text messaging was as far I was gonna take it. There's no way Liz would have let me go that far.

5 comments:

Erin said...

"Don't stop believing!" Don't worry, next friday we'll sing Journey and The Police's Roxanne at the top of our lungs! Have no fear!

Liquid Courage said...

That depends on which one you're referring to. The blog? He's been back sometime now with all sorts of wacky adventures. http://greattastemorebuttkicking.blogspot.com/

The real-life incarnation of LC? He pops up from time to time. Like this weekend, just no real hijinks ensued.

Jessica said...

Hope you enjoyed the drinking. I'll join on the drinking bit just as soon as finals are over. Ok, so I'll just have 2 beers, but I'll be just as wasted as you. That works for me.

D said...

And? Good stuff, no?

D said...

Ours is a forbidden love...