Friday, May 12, 2006

Again, why didn’t they have this when I was little?

These are some of the plates that were used at a little graduation breakfast we had this morning:



And before I continue with this post, let me first tell you that you better be thankful for these pictures because you have no idea the ridicule and laughter I had to endure as people watched me separate all these plates and then proceed to take pictures of them. Actually, most of you do know me, and have seen and laughed at me doing this kind of shit before (2 spoons anyone?), so never mind.

Any hoo. It must have taken me a good minute or so of rifling through all of the different plates to see which one I wanted to go with. One benefit of being bigger than everyone else in the office is that you can sometimes hold up the food line and no one will say anything to you until you get done. One of the drawbacks to being 1 of 2 guys in the entire office is that when you get ragged on, it’s b a whole gaggle of women. Words can hurt people.

So I eschewed the bear, the ram, the goat, the squirrel, and even the fox. And much to no one’s surprise I went with:


The monkey.

I can’t tell you how many times I heard “Oh, that’s appropriate” or “I knew you’d pick the monkey!” I guess they’ve finally started to get to know me around here…



I never got the chance to snicker at whomever was gonna be lucky enough to pick the crab plate and have me see it. And check out the moose. He looks pretty fucking shocked to be at the party.

And yes, they did give me the left over ones at the end of the breakfast to take home. Hot Pockets are gonna be a little more fun to eat now…

D

6 comments:

D said...

After I posted it, I thought it might be a lobster. But I still figured I could make a crustacean joke somewhere...

adubya said...

You know how I know you're gay?

D said...

Look, it's like I told someone else: "They didn't have this shit when I was little, and when you don't have kids or associate with very many, you don't get to see all this cool shit."

The Icon said...

Brody fears not man nor beast. Or so I imagine.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have a set of those! And I love them. The Piggy is my favorite. They make everything taste better. Chappy bought them for me as a happy prize. You know, I never thought the age difference would be that significant, but maybe he's trying to tell me something...
- Blair

D said...

Or just keep you amused for a few hours with the plates while he does something else...