Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Blasphemy


I love TV. Probably more than I should really. So much so that my nights are habitually planned around what time my shows come on. I don’t just mean like “Sunday night is Sopranos night” or anything, I mean I have something to watch every freakin’ night. Except Friday. There’s never anything good on Friday nights. I like to call it “the night where shows go to die.”

It’s bad enough that if I’m not home, I tape whatever is on that night. Yeah, you heard me. Not Tivo, tape. Which is even more of a pain in the arse now that I have Direct TV instead of cable. Now I can only tape what’s on the screen and not something entirely different from what I’m watching. But anyhoo…

Now that we’ve established that I may need some kind of therapy or weird, support group; I’m about to get myself struck by lightning.

"I’m kinda glad that the seasons for all my shows are over."

*holding breath*
*looking around*

Ok then. Still here.

No longer am I a slave to my nightly (except Friday) addictions. Just about everything will be re-runs, or replaced with crap while the good stuff’s on hiatus. I’ll finally be able to catch up on a lot of the stuff I’ve been meaning to do but haven’t had the time because I’ve been busy trying to create the world’s best ass groove in the couch. I’ll finally get around to um, … wait, don’t tell me…. umm, I know this one… (good, God what else do I do?)…ummm… ooh! Comic books! I’ll finally be able to catch up on the reading that I’ve been passing over for months now. Kick ass! Alright, that takes care of, um, Monday. Shit.

Damn it. I guess I really don’t do anything else. And drinking doesn’t really count, ‘cause that’s a whole other problem that I’m trying to ignore right now. Maybe I should take up some cheap and easy hobby like painting or stalking. Or maybe take some Continuing Ed class like the Alcohol and Drug Awareness Program (for shits and giggles) or Basic Cake Decorating. Just something to keep me occupied for a few hours a night, either in the house or out of it.

Aw hell, I’ll probably just end up in the TV on DVD aisle in Wal-Mart picking up seasons 2 &3 of Scrubs or finally get my mitts on Sports Night: The Complete Series. Yeah, that sounds about right.

D

6 comments:

The Icon said...

Man I was just having this same converstion with Tiffany. I'm going to miss Lost, Survivor, Scrubs, and Alias (R.I.P.) I'm glad I don't NEED to be in front of the TV.

adubya said...

I'm with ya, my tivo (you must get, especially with DirecTv) works overtime every night except Friday and Saturday (although I do record SNL too) and I spend every free moment trying to catch up. That's usually Friday night or Saturday morning. I look forward to the end of the season so I can watch the dvd's I got in January from Netflix...

Anonymous said...

WOW what can I say...I was surfing around and found your blog...I love it The things you said are so true. How do we get so caught up in these things? Is it our way of getting away from the real world? But what in the heck is that random stuff about painting or stalking? I can understand the painting but stalking? Isn't that kind of weird and random? I would love to hear the answer please write back...ok so i am an idiot and CAN NOT get this thing to post with my username...WTF anyway write me back at mylife-lea.blogspot...matbe I am just tech. challanged

D said...

Random. Yep, that's me.

Hard to check out other blogs when the URL doesn't work so good...

D said...

It helps.

Paul said...

don't knock Friday nights...that is when they show Las Vegas and Reba