Thursday, May 18, 2006

We can rebuild him. We have the technology.


I decided this morning that if given the chance, I’d probably volunteer for nanobot research in humans.

Lately it seems like my body is just falling apart on me: getting sick, various aches and pains, foot trouble, etc… And it’s really starting to piss me off. I mean, I’m just too young to be falling apart at the seams. As far as I know; I have no neurological, muscular or skeletal diseases; and I’m a lot healthier than I was a couple of years ago. So what the hell? I guess someone is still fucking around with that damned voodoo doll.

Maybe somewhere there’s some lab that’s doing research on nano-technology and the ability of nanobots to repair human bodies from the inside. Nothing along the lines of re-writing the host’s genetic code or anything (not that I would object all that much); but just repairing bone, muscle or maybe ligament damage and the overall strengthening of the host’s body and system. To start with.

I know, it sounds a bit far fetched. But I’ve probably got just as good a chance of that happening, as me becoming a professional athlete and being looked after by a cadre of medical professionals. Seriously, those cats have an army of specialized doctors at their beck and call to examine every, little thing that goes wrong. All I have is some Vitamin C, beer, Glucosamine & Chondroitin, Web MD, and you guys.

Besides, what’s the worst that could happen? That I become some mostly robotic monstrosity that goes on a murderous rampage, or I simply get liquidated from the inside out? Huh. Ok, well maybe I’ll give cuts in line and go third or fourth…

D

Good side effect:

Bad side effect:

2 comments:

D said...

It's never too early to start considering nanotechnology as a viable option to improve your day to day life... Well, maybe in the 13th century it was a bit too early.

D said...

Lea-
Just browse around the different templates in Blogger, it's pretty easy to pick it all up. The HTML code though is a bit tougher. But if a drubnken monkey like me can learn it, any one can.