Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A 9 over an 8 is NOT an upset...


N.C. State in '83.
Villanova in '85.
UNC in '05.

Who's it gonna be this year? Another steamroller like UNLV in 1990? Or another miracle like Jimmy V's Wolfpack in 1983? An unstoppable juggernaut like UCLA in 1967-73 or a squeaker like Syracuse in 2003?

It's time to put on your thinking (or drinking) caps, kids. And it's time for you to start sorting the potentials from the sacrificial lambs. Who's gonna make a strong run to the Final Four, or better yet, who's gonna choke and lose in the second round? Is this the year we get our first 16 seed over a #1? (No) Or how about a fifth #15 over a #2?

So, get ready to lose it. I mean go all out bonkers for the course of about 3 whole weeks (from this "Selection" Sunday, March 12th until Monday, April 3rd). And all in the name of "fun". Yeah, "fun".

March Madness is upon us and it's time to register for the group bracket. Yes, our very own corner of Hell has it's official name: "Blogger Madness". Pretty appropriate, actually (and a much better name than some of my suggestions such as "Over-active and Under-achieving" or "The Princess and the Retard").

So, if you're interested in signing up to be in the "Blogger Madness" bracket, just send an email to: RabidHoopsFans@gmail.com and we'll send you an invitation to dance.

D

Blogger Madness: proudly destroying friendships since 2006.

6 comments:

adubya said...

Ok, that email address is bogus. I got this return error:
"Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<RabidHoopsFan@gmail.com>:
66.249.83.114 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 No such user h10si476755wxd
Giving up on 66.249.83.114."

adubya said...

Figures...

D said...

Yes, that was a complete snafu on the part of Tech Support... well, ok not totally their fault. *sigh* Fine. It was my fault. Are you happy now? Jesus Christ what does a guy have to do around here to get some slack? I mean....um, I fixed it.

adubya said...

Damnit, my iPod was playing and I wasn't listening. I missed a bunch of random songs...

Ok, I'm in. Prepare to be more humiliated than usual.

Jessica said...

Well that explains everything. I was wondering what was wrong with the e-mail.

gsufan said...

Just leave it to a UNC fan to screw up an email address


He must be afaid that his UNC Tarheels will have an early exit

I will be sending an email that way as well