Wednesday, March 01, 2006

International House of Pissing Me Off

Sonsabitches!

How come no one bothered to tell me that yesterday was "Free Pancake Day" at IHOP?

"National Pancake Day always falls on Fat Tuesday..." Since when? I've been around for a couple of Fat Tuesday's, and I didn't know this.

I like free. I like pancakes. Wouldn't it stand to reason that I might like some free pancakes too? Apparently IHOP doesn't think so, as they didn't bother to promote the whole damned thing at all. I saw not one commercial on TV. And let's face it; if I didn't see it on TV, it probably wasn't on TV. (no matter what you say)

First, there was the loose syrup cap that caused me to spill strawberry syrup all over me; and now this. IHOP is just determined to drive me away permanantly. Fine! I'll just take my business elsewhere... even though I can't get pancakes there.



D

6 comments:

D said...

You dare to question me when I have missed out on free pancakes?!?!!?!? I mean, How would I have not seen that somewhere over the course of the last few days? Somewhere at some time?

D said...

And no strawberry syrup!!!

I'll just stick with my bacon, egg & cheese rollup at WH. With double hashbrowns with chili and cheese.

Aw, man. Now I want that for dinner... But I just had breakfast for dinner last night. Crap.

Erin said...

Hey, you mustn't forget the honey bun grilled with extra butter. All the yummy goodness pools in the center of the bun and the sugar strings draping off!! Instant orgasm. For real. That and hash browns covered in ketchup.

I love ketchup! And honey buns grilled with extra butter...

adubya said...

Well, thanks for that. Now I'm not too satisfied with the breakfast bar I just ate. Am I going to have to go down to the cafeteria and see what fry guy has on the griddle?

Paul said...

I tried to tell you. You just weren't watching Headline News at the correct times.

D said...

Damn it, Paul. How about a little more heads up next time?

And unfortunately, no tv's here in my hole, I mean office. I go from like 6 tv's while working at WBTV, to none here. Guess I used up all my tv privaliges too early...