Friday, March 03, 2006

Rivalry Day!

Ok, I'm supposed to be "subtle" today. I'll try my best not to talk any trash, as I vaguely remember how it turned out last time. Let's see how it goes:



What? Not subtle enough? Fine...

--------------------


Apparently the "Princess" and I aren't the only ones about to go all out caveman over the last UNC-Duke game of the regular season tomorrow. ESPN has decided to blow it's wad all over Durham as well. Hell, they've even got polls going.

I'm just waiting for Dicky V's head to explode with 1:30 left in the game after he says something about "Duke's resiliency" or "the incredible Mr. Reddick"...

How about now? No? *sigh* All right...

--------------------

Speaking of J.J. ...

They say a picture's worth a thousand words. I just couldn't narrow mine down to the 1,000 most scathing and obscene, so I figured I'd be nice and let you guys go ahead and hate on Suckspeare here for me. I was gonna use the word "Brokeback" in there some where though...

I didn't really even say anything this time. If it's bad, you have no one but yourselves to blame. But I thank you. Let's try this "subtle" thing again...
---------------------

I bet you $10 we see at least one Coach K commercial while we're at it, or hear one mentioned. Oddly enough, I could stand to see this though...

Not one negative word in there. I defy you to find one! Deceptive? Yes. Subtle? That's 50-50.

---------------------

Want more Coach K? Sure ya do. Who the Hell don't?

Yesterday I applauded him. Today requires me to lampoon him.

All right you got me here. Not subtle at all... funny, but not subtle.

----------------------

A new site to play around on! It has the word "truth" in it, so you know it has to be like Fox News: Fair and Balanced. What do ya mean it's skewed?

Aw, come on! That's nothing if not subtle! Wait a sec...let me look this "subtle" up...nope, my bad.

----------------------

Shit. I can't do it. I really can't. I was all set to just put up a link to David Duke's page with a clever remark, but I just can't bring myself to do it...

That's just personal growth right there. I think it is anyways...

----------------------
What? Some of that has got to be subtle, right? Some of it? Aw, come on!

Fine then, I'll just leave you with:

"Go Heels!"


D

(No Dook fans were harmed and no trash was talked during the typing of this post)

8 comments:

D said...

Look it's not my fault I didn't get a fancy Dook degree that taught me what "subtle" meant.

And there was no trash talked there. At least, not by me.

adubya said...

I wish I could paint myself blue and embarass my parents on national tv....

D said...

I'd be proud as heel to see my kids on tv all painted blue (either for GSU or UNC). But I'm still ok as far as not embarassing myself on national TV...I think.

One of my best roommates ever was a fellow Heel fan. It got ugly when we lost ther etoo. I was no stranger to "pruning the trees" out front as my friends liked to call it.

adubya said...

I'm guessing blue body paint pretty much leads to shirtless, beer in hand, police chase through the streets, ending in a wrestling match with the old lady.

adubya said...

Pruning the trees? Ok, that one went over my head...

D said...

For the record, that was supposed to be "proud as hell", but "heel" must have been a subconcious slip...

"pruning" was just me going apeshit and ripping limbs off of trees...

gsufan said...

Go Blue Devils!!!!!!

See you tonight at the house for a great game

Tommy

gsufan said...

Congrats to you on the victory!!!