Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I guess Canadians don’t like free beer…

Have a beer on Australia? No thanks, says Canada
“First it was banned in the UK for its use of the word "bloody" and now Canada has vetoed a scene in a controversial Australian tourism campaign where a character lures visitors by saying ‘We've poured you a beer!’”



Well despite Canada’s very liberal stance on television, they’ve actually decided against airing Australia’s kick-ass tourism campaign commercial. Canada. Objects to something. The same people who I was just somewhat looking up to for saying “fuck” on TV without bleeping it out. Canada!

And Australia, while understandably a bit perturbed, is still pretty much ok with it seeing as how the fervor up in the Great White North has given the Aussies a ton of free publicity. An “on-line traffic jam" if you will.

So while all those Canucks are busy soiling their panties with maple syrup over “implied unbranded alcohol consumption”, I’m gonna go watch that commercial again.

I bet Bob and Doug would have a shit fit about this one…

D

2 comments:

D said...

Maybe they should just try to regionalize the commercial by adding ",eh?" to the end.

adubya said...

aren't balls typically warm?
I mean, I only have mine to go by but that's usually not a part of my body that's cold.