Monday, March 20, 2006

Time flies...

...when you're drinking a lot and trying to make fun of everything you can find.

Jeez, it slipped my mind for 19 days in a row now, but I've been doing this particular work avoidance for a whole year now. Dang. That's a whole lotta posts about a whole lotta random crap. Well, 147 to be exact.

And, you know; it's just not as thrilling of an anniversary as one would imagine. Pretty underwhelming, actually. No fanfare. No hoopla. No confetti. No big cake wheeled out with a stripper in it who pops out with a beer in one hand and a bottle of Beam her other. Nuthin'. Just me looking for far too long for a decent picture to help punctuate what should be a momentous post. But I got nothing. So, I guess this is pretty much par for the course. Wouldn't want to start having great content now, would we?

But I guess it's been good enough to keep a handful of you coming back every now and then, so it's been worth it. I've had some fun, made some new friends, alienated some old ones, and avoided a lot of work. So it's all good.

Well; here's to the past year, and here's to the next year. I hope stuff happens.


That's right, Mr. President. I'm this many.



Thanks for readin'.
D

2 comments:

adubya said...

Happy fucking birthday!

D said...

Adub-
Thank you very fucking much.

Ali-
I'm sure lots of stuff will happen. Remembering it will be the key though...

Adam-
I think we all walk that line of not knowing...
Which reminds me of a good saying:
"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life."
-Church, from Red vs. Blue