Thursday, July 13, 2006

Hot enough for ya?


Ahhh... Look at that beautiful weather for the next 10 days (click it to enlarge). That’s just about bad enough to make the Devil himself uncomfortable.

What? The rain? Oh, don’t kid yourself. That’s not going to make a dent in anything. Ok fine, maybe it’ll give us a few cooler minutes while it’s coming down. But as soon as it stops and the sun comes back out, it’ll just turn into an unbearable humidity (as Scott says, it’s “humiddidy”) that’ll be bad enough to make you want to bust out the fins and scuba masks.

And I can deal with the heat and the humidity, it’s those freakin’ gnats that bug me. (sorry) I get just as much exercise waving them away when I’m walking, as I do when I’m outside running. Those little fuckers are just about a good enough incentive to keep on running in and of themselves, just so you don’t have to deal with them as you run. At least then you're not waving them away like a retarded windshield wiper.

A retarded windshield wiper? Ugh. I just meant to bitch about the oppressive heat, not go off on a tangent. Ok, I’m calling it quits for this post.

D

8 comments:

adubya said...

Thanks! Makes our mid-90's weekend sound more pleasant... it's going to be a movie weekend for sure.

gsufan said...

Hot weather means more foks drink beer and I make more money

D said...

Adubya-
I spent all freakin' Saturday at the movies. Nice and cool in there. No, correction, freezing in there. It was great.

Tommy-
I drank a crap load of it this weekend, so that ought to be enough to help you out for a while.

adubya said...

I went and saw "You, Me and Dupree" yesterday. Loved it...
"The doctor says most of my injuries are emotional."

D said...

I hit up Superman Returns (finally) and Pirates 2. Both pretty damned good.

I think I'll wait for Dupree to hit DVD first.

But Clerks 2 may be on for this weekend.

adubya said...

They had a preview for a Dane Cook movie called "Employee of the Month". Looks fairly funny. That guy kills me...

adubya said...

Oh, and the sleeper hit of the summer. BEERFEST! All about a beer drinking contest, international. Looks really stupid but funny of course. I looked at my wife and she just shook her head no...

D said...

Beerfest! Hell, yeah. That's by the Broken Lizard guys who did Super Troopers and Club Dread. I can't wait for that one.

Dane Cook: the hero of MySpace.