Monday, July 31, 2006

Kibbles & Bits: Weekend Update

After reading Chris’ “Movies for the kids” list on the Nerduary, I decided to go back and watch Ghostbusters to see if it could live up to the claims he made for its inclusion on such a “prestigious” list. I came to the following conclusion: Ghostbusters will stand the test of time as one of the greatest comedies ever made. Man I had forgotten just how good that movie is. Pretty much the whole next day I was walking around muttering to myself “Ray, if somebody asks you if you’re a god, you say YES!”
-----

Saturday I went to see Clerks 2. It was pretty damned good. Good, not great though. But I’ll still probably buy it on DVD when it comes out. I have to say though, that my favorite part of the movie (non-spoiler ahead), was when the family with the 12 year-old kid got up and walked out of the movie after about 10 minutes. Seriously, what the fuck did they expect? The movie was rated “R”, and they probably should have been smart enough to see the first one before attempting the second. This is beside the point but, I hate when people say that a sequel is good enough so that you don’t need to have seen its predecessor to enjoy it. Bullshit! Always see the first one before attempting a sequel. That will prevent retards from spending $15.75 on a movie and then walking out and probably demanding their money back. It’s your fault you fucking moron, but here’s your money. Take it and go rent The Little Mermaid or something. Back to the point, the movie was good and I’d recommend it to anyone who liked the first Clerks, or likes the View Askew films in general.
-----

After all my bitching and moaning about my former neighbor being an actor now and doing all his background work out in Tinsletown, the writers of SBDA decided to have a little fun with me. I got a call Saturday night to help out a friend by being an extra in a few scenes for his movie that he’s working on. So I got up Sunday morning and played the part of a not so mild-mannered reporter in a couple of City Council meetings. Too bad the scenes will be all montage and buried under music or something. My lines were the shit and completely ad libbed. Oh well. But now I’ve been branded a traitor in certain camps, and all I have to say to that it: Hey, Jake was in it too!!
-----

A.S.S. is still funny. Jake, Turner, Logan and I all got together Sunday to move Turner's stuff, and after dinner we had to go back and watch A.S.S. (both the original and the extended cut). Watching those just completely threw us back into that long-ass day (no pun intended) of shooting and editing. But we'd all gladly do that again in a heartbeat. You hear that, Chris? We'd gladly do it again in a heartbeat!


Huh. Whaddaya know? A movie theme for the entire weekend. And not just one where I watch an insane amount of bad movies just because they’re free. Not that I wouldn’t do it again if given the chance.

D

4 comments:

adubya said...

Should I start searching IMDB for you now?

D said...

I think you can probably hold off on that one for a while.

adubya said...

So, will this movie be a blockbuster or straight for the b-section of the local video store? Any nudity (not yours)?

D said...

This is more along the lines of a "Somehow I got a copy of this movie, you want it?"

Brutal honesty. That's what I'm about.