Friday, April 13, 2007

Hell Hath Frozen Over

Check it out:



That’s right. That’s an order confirmation page. And the order is for my new MacBook and iPod Shuffle. Join me as I ring in the new year of 2005!

AND, almost as important as the fact that I finally joined the 21st century, is the fact that I saved $41.73 in the process too! Sweet.

The other night I mentioned to someone that there was a state employee discount for Apple, and they told me they thought there should be a student discount too. So today I checked; and sure enough, along with the student discount there’s a faculty/staff/administrative discount for my venerable institution as well. Huzzah!

So, ever the obsessive compulsive (I prefer “thorough”) shopper that I am, I went and did 2 separate shopping carts to see which discount was more effective. 1 had the state discount, and the other used the institution discount. Turns out that after the sales tax is added in, the latter was cheaper overall.

Now I have to sit and wait impatiently until my mechanical babies arrive via a big, brown stork. I guess while I’m waiting, I should probably go ahead and look into getting DSL or something at the hizzy. That way it’s more secure and I don’t have to mooch off neighbors’ wireless accounts. Much.

D

I’ve already gone and picked out names for ‘em too. I was thinkin’ “Soundwave” for the iPod and “Caprica” for the MacBook. You know, cool names so they won’t get beat up on the electric playground or anything.

4 comments:

adubya said...

I named my shuffle "Shuffleupagous" and my wife named hers "Shuffle up and deal" (my idea).

The Icon said...

I named mine "Skeets" not for reasons of perversion but for Booster Gold's robotic sidekick.

Also, sorry that dude never came through for me on the specs front. I feel like an ass for that.

D said...

Yeah, I felt really generic on the Shuffle name. I mean Skeets was already taken. Though "Caprica" I thought was a good 'un.

Adub-
"Shuffleupagous"? Nice. hat kinda like Mr. Snuffalufagus?


Chris-
No worries. It's all taken care of.

adubya said...

Yep, I was thinking Shuffle up and deal first then combining it with Snuffalufagus just seemed right...