Friday, April 27, 2007

Tonight's gonna suck.

As a part of the sacrifices that I've been making for my hopeful future, I don't usually go out or do anything on Friday nights if I'm going to practice the CPAT the next morning. Not so bad really. Saves some cash and keeps the workouts more effective.

But tonight is the Brad Paisley concert about 250 yards or so away from my apartment. Add to that all the parties that will undoubtedly be going on afterwards and probably well into the wee hours of the morning, and it's probably gonna be hard to sleep.


"This one goes out to the guy trying to sleep back there..."

The usual cure would be to get pretty good and hammered so that I just pass out with no problems. But I don't want to suffer more than absolutely necessary when I run the course a couple of times in the morning. Plus driving an hour while still kinda lit is not the smartest thing to do.

So instead I'll just take a couple of Ambiens, turn up the rain machine, and go through the CPAT in my head over and over until I go under.

And I'll go extra heavy on the coffee in the morning to make sure I'm not still groggy from the drugs.

Yea.

D

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Poor baby

D said...

My plan worked like a charm too. I'm wicked smart yo.