Monday, April 30, 2007

Skinned Elbows & Whacked Balls

Hmmm... that sounded a little different in my head. Oh well.

Saturday was a busy busy day for the ol' Big, Dumb American: CPAT practice, quality time with Turner and then destroying far too many of the last remaining brain cells.

CPAT practice? Piece of cake again. Little slow during a few sections though, and that aggravated the shite outta me. But still, 2 weeks off and I blow through it? Awesome.

Turner and I had planned on going to see Hot Fuzz on Saurday, but of course Statesboro decided that would have been way too good a movie to show in the theater. And rather than waste a couple of hours and $6 (or however expensive a movie is now), we hit the ol' driving range. Man, my game is weak sauce. I haven't swung a club in damned near 2 years and it showed. Took me forever to get my swing back, and that came when I used Turner's clubs instead of my Flinstone clubs (they play like a rock tied to a stick). The highlight had to have been when my 7 iron died. Took a practice swing with it and the head came off. I thought that it would be fun to try and see how well it played when I put it back on. Not real shabby to be honest. Except that the head came off and then went farther than the ball. Dangerous? Yes. Funny? Shit yeah.

Saturday night.... hmmm... I got a whole lot of nothing. Started drinking bourbon while we watched Smokin' Aces. Then we went to the bar. Then I woke up the next morning. That's all I got.

So, that'd be Saturday. This coming Saturday could top it though: Cinco de Mayo and a possible Brennaman invasion. Oh and some Spider-Dude movie or something too.

D

2 comments:

Velcroed said...

Hot Fuzz was better than any golf game imaginable. And well worth the (WHERE IN TARNATION CAN YOU SEE A MOVIE FOR) $6(? I need to get me some of that).

D said...

Yeah, it would have been a matinee. Just about the only time I'll go see what's usually sure to be a disappointing movie.