Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Damned if I do, damned if I don’t.

I’m probably gonna feel like a jackass one way or another after I make this phone call.

There’s a good size discrepancy in my bank account, between what the web account says I have, and what my checkbook and Excel sheet say I have. But in a pseudo-positive way that credits me with more than I should have.

And yes, I’m OCD enough to have an Excel sheet that keeps track of every cent I spend each month. That compulsion is also what’s driving me to make the call to the bank just so I know, instead of just transferring the money into a savings account and claiming no knowledge of it whatsoever. Kind of like a poor man’s money laundering.

I don’t want to go and spend money that isn’t mine. Well, I do, but it’d feel (and, you know, actually be) wrong. But like I said, not that I would spend this miracle money though, it’d just go into savings. I know: me=wet blanket.

I’m just gonna feel stupid and kick myself when I do call and they end up fixing it. But maybe they’ll tell me, “Nope. That’s entirely yours sir.” Or, in true SBDA style, they’ll end up taking away what actually is my money. That’d really suck.

So maybe I’ll just try to be as vague as I can and try to out smart them. Heh. Yeah, like that’s gonna work.

Let’s see what happens:


Just made the call and they were pretty much useless. All they did was confuse me even more. But I still maintain that I’m right. Guess I’ll just give it a another day or two to see what happens. Or more to the point, to see how I get screwed.

D

5 comments:

Kelley said...

Keep the money, man!!!!

The Icon said...

Be a winner... not weiner.

adubya said...

As soon as you finally get around to spending it is when the bank will realize their mistake and take it out of your account.

So, how much are we talking? Wendy's chicken sandwich money or big screen tv money?

D said...

Yeah, that shit's still in there right now.

It's more like a really, really good night out at the strip club kind of money.

Paul said...

sounds better than $44.50 in quarters