Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Not exactly the Jerky Boys…

We’ve had a prank caller calling up to the switch board last night and today. She keeps calling and saying that one of our instructors is a pervert and then hangs up. It’s really frustrating to the girl who’s working the switchboard because she has to keep hearing it, and she thinks it’s getting old. It’s also frustrating to me as I have yet to get to hear it, but I’ve said it about a hundred times today and it still hasn’t gotten old to me.

“Mr. Rogers is a pervert!” *click*

Now, “Mr. Rogers” is not the instructor whose character is being impugned, but I don’t want the SBDA hosts to turn this around on me somehow and have it come back and kick me in the junk. So I changed the name. But really, it’s actually a little more humorous to imagine Mr. Rogers on the receiving end of that little barb.

I suppose I could have used a more socially relevant name like Bill O’Reilly to play the role of the pervert, but that’d be too easy. And it’s been done before by Tina Fey. A lot. Plus, Mr. Rogers was the first guy I thought of when I wanted to call someone’s character into question. I know, I’m an asshole.

I suppose it’s a good thing Fred Rogers is already dead though, because there’s that whole urban legend that the dude was a Marine sniper with dozens of confirmed kills. Although, that really would have been a fitting end to SBDA: to be the one to finally push Mr. Rogers over the edge and have him take me out with a shot to the head from 150 yards out. One shot, one kill.

Oh well. I guess for now I’ll just have to settle for hearing about the calls and hope that I get to hear it for myself one day. Don’t know if they’ll catch her though, as she’s a smart one. She’s calling from an outside line that doesn’t show up on the Caller ID and hanging up very quickly. I’m sure that eventually she’ll probably get bored with it, but here’s hoping that she doesn’t ever, and she just gets better at it.

D

2 comments:

adubya said...

I think you should wear a trench coat, hat and sunglasses (perfect outfit for a hot southern August) and follow said instructor around until you watch him do something perverted. Then jump out and say "GOTCHA!" and run away.

Jessica said...

I’ve heard that Mr. Roger was a real asshole off camera. A real prick to work with apparently. (I’m sorry to say that I think I saw this on and E history of the stars, or something like that.)