Monday, August 07, 2006

Whatever

I’m in a very surly mood today for some reason. I guess it’s just having to get up early and come back to work after a self-imposed long weekend. I dunno why, but I hate everybody and everything right now.
----

I started reading the Firefighter’s Essentials this weekend. I got through chapter 1. It was something like “Operations and Safety”, and it sucked. I guess that was the boring stuff that they wanted to get out of the way in the very beginning, so they could move on to the more technical and tactical information. Chapter 2 is something like “Fire Behavior”, so that ought to be a little less snooze-worthy. All I know is that I learn better from actually doing something hands-on or hearing someone relay important information, not just reading. In fact, most of the technical and tactical firefighter stuff I can remember, I learned from hearing Merritt talk to me about it. Oh well, guess this will just hopefully give me a leg up later on.
----

“Tax Free Weekend” was this past weekend. Not a whole lot of extra incentive to go out and spend money really, unless you plan on buying a crap-load of stuff or expensive things like computers. I bought some Under Armour (which is kinda expensive), but skipped out on buying new running shoes. I figured I’d wait until next month and save myself a little bit of money right now. Besides, saving 4 or 5 bucks wasn’t enough to persuade me to buy new shoes this weekend. Especially when I didn’t like any of the ones that I saw in the Mall. Whatever.
----



The Crow: Wicked Prayer sucks ass. There’s no two ways about it. I caught it on SciFi last night, and it is God-awful. David Boreanez was alright, but even he couldn’t help the script being so poorly written. This is definitely the worst of the “franchise”. The best being the original, the third movie (“Salvation”) was actually surprisingly good, while the second (“City of Angels”) used to bring up the rear until now. I’m right down the middle on the TV show though. They went and screwed with the original which was just not cool, and then they couldn’t think of a better title for the show than The Crow: Stairway to Heaven? But, it did star Mark Dacascos; and Only the Strong ruled.
----

Guess it’s time to reactivate the word verification on SBDA. I’m starting to get a ton more spam comments. They’re only popping up in the older posts, but still, it’s a pain in the ass when I check my email and I have 20 “Anonymous” comments saying the same thing. Sorry about making you all type in inane combinations of letters again.
----



This is almost as good as "The Head Foundation".
Charity wants people to lend a hand...
I already planned to give blood on Wednesday, but I wish they'd would have given me a little heads up about this one before last Saturday.
----

Yeah, that's about it. I’m tapped.

D

1 comment:

adubya said...

The thing I don't get is the "all men room"... what the hell. They think that's going to help me???