Monday, August 21, 2006

“Meh”dia Day


Went to Media Day for the Eagles on Saturday with Tommy, Kelley and the squirt; and all I have to say is “Meh”.

I was so under whelmed, I can’t even really get motivated or psyched enough to write a proper post about it. I’ll just say I was very disappointed, and leave it at that.

Speaking of under whelmed, one thing that is starting to worry me is that the season starts in 19 days, and I have yet to really have that “F@#k Yeah!” moment about it. Normally by now, I’m ready for the season to begin and I’m almost foaming at the mouth for the first game. But this year I’m not even close to that point yet.

Maybe it’s because for the first time in 10 years, I’m not on campus to see and hear everyone getting all fired up again. Or maybe it’s because I’m pretty occupied with the prospect of a new job, or any of the other things I’ve had on my mind lately. I don’t know what it is, but I don’t like it and I’ve had enough.

I’ll see if listening to the fight song while I drive around and visiting the Southern Connection will help. If it doesn’t, I’m gonna get Yogus, Lott and Tommy to stage some kind of reverse-intervention.

D

Go Eagles!!

2 comments:

gsufan said...

you got a vcr.......if so i have something for you

D said...

I do. And is it the highlight tapes? Those are bad ass and all, but watching those made me suddenly realize that I wouldn't ever see those triple option runs anymore...