Friday, September 08, 2006

Go Blue! One More Time!

The Georgia Southern Fight Song


Wave the blue, wave the white,
Hold the banners high the Eagles are on the wing.
Sound a cry to the sky as we look for glory,
Victory now we sing. Hail the blue, hail the white,
Hail the team that’s soaring upward to bring us fame.
Georgia Southern – Eagles!
Fight on to victory and win this game!
Blue and white fight, fight
Blue and white fight, fight
Georgia Southern—Eagles – fight, fight, fight!


Go Eagles!

D

5 comments:

The Icon said...

Um.... okay?

eddie said...

Well, Derek, I didn't think the weekend could get any worse after Erk's death Friday.

And then Saturday night happened...

I'm inclined to agree with the fan Chad overheard after the game who said he was glad Erk wasn't around to see that.

Karma's a harsh thing sometimes, and I think GSU's getting some come-uppance for some very bad decisions of late.

I wrote a column about Erk in 1995 after an interview with him for a GSU old-timer's game. If we don't use it as a tribute in the paper, I'll be posting it on my blog soon, so check in whenever you can.

Eddie L

D said...

Eddie,
Tommy was saying something about there maybe being bad karma before the game. I said that maybe it was just the passing of the torch or something. Maybe Tommy was right and I was just a moron as usual.

The Icon said...

Damn magic. It'll get ya every time.

D said...

A wizard did it.