Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Huey Lewis & the News’ best album…

That’s right, we’re talkin’ ‘bout Sports!

Well, we’re not really talking about the album “Sports”; I just thought that was a clever title and intro. Yeah, I know; it was lame. I really just have a few news bits about recent sports.

Football:

Terrell Owens reportedly tries suicide
And then decides it’s just not for him
Owens: 'There was no suicide attempt'
------

Last Second Field Goal Sinks Eagles
Oh, no! We suck again!
------

Baseball:

Detroit clinches first playoff birth since 1987
Next up, the AL Central Division title. Hopefully. 4 is the magic number.
------

It's the end of the season, and Atlanta still sucks.
Right now, the Braves are probably trying to figure out what in the hell they’re supposed to be doing in October besides playing baseball. But I guess if they’re dead set on involving baseball, they could always watch the Mets.
------

Basketball:
No college news to speak of. So all that’s left is the crappy NBA.
Hawks' Claxton, runner-up for Sixth Man, out with broken hand
The shitttiest team in the NBA gets a little shittier.
-------

Hockey:
Ummm… “puck” rhymes with “fuck”.
-----

Those are the stories, and it’s all news to me.

D

1 comment:

D said...

13-1? Wow. I think I may have pissed off the Braves. Too late for them to really do anything about it though.