Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Penciling in the rotation (part 2)

Back with another quick look at the upcoming Fall TV rotation.

For the foreseeable future, meaning until it goes on hiatus because it was a summer show, Tuesday @ 9:00 remains occupado by Eureka. This is the kind of show (along with Battlestar Galactica, Stargate: SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis) that makes you wonder why all the shows and movies on SciFi can’t be this good. Maybe if they quit developing and making the worst movies on TV (see Boa or Python, or Boa vs Python), then they could afford to pick up other quality shows (like perhaps Firefly when it was dying?) or develop other good original series.

Tuesday @ 10:00 is tentatively filled with Smith. It’s your run of the mill crime show with the thieves as the protagonists. I wouldn’t have really even given a damn if it weren’t for the stars: Ray Liotta, Virginia Madsen, Jonny Lee Miller, and Amy Smart. That’s a lot of movie talent for a TV show, and all it yielded was a pretty good, but not great show. So it’ll hold down the fort until something better comes along I guess.

That Tuesday @ 8:00 slot is a bit of a wasteland right now. The only possibility is the upcoming Friday Night Lights. But for now, I’m biding my time until I see it.

So that’s Tuesday. Nothing fancy, but enough to carry me from Monday’s heavyweights to Wednesday with the Juggernaut (bitch) known as Lost. I don’t think anything new starts tonight, so you’re probably off the hook for a “rotation” post tomorrow. Unless I feel like posting my handy, dandy TV watching schedule I made.

Man, I take TV way too fucking seriously…

D

No comments: