Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Goodbye! Me am Derek. Bad to meet you!

Do you ever wonder if there's a Bizarro version of yourself out there somewhere?

*Sigh* Yes, I just watched the "Bizarro Jerry" episode of Seinfeld. What's your point?

Anyways, like I was about to say: I sometimes wonder if there's a Bizarro Derek out there. Maybe someone who looks similar to (but not exactly like) me and does the exact opposite of the things I usually do, or maybe he does look exactly like me and may not always do the same things I do (but he's not necessarily evil).

Then there's the good old fashioned "doppleganger" that will scare the ever-living shit out of you:
"Somewhere, in a parallel universe, your evil twin exists. Identical to you in every physical attribute, its mind is twisted, evil and hell-bent on destruction; it is everything you are not. Occasionally a doppelganger stumbles upon a portal into our universe, and there are many twins living quietly among us, their powers weekend by the Earth. However, if by chance your twin should cross your path and make eye contact with you, his evil will be unleashed."

Ummmmmm...I'm gonna have to go back to the Bizarro Jerry type so that I can sleep tonight.
Let's see....Bizarro Derek:
Doesn't drink much. Picture of perfect fitness. Does very well with the ladies. Very successful (maybe locally famous). Drives a sports car. Doesn't even know who "Bizarro" is. Doesn't watch much TV. Looks down on geeks and nerds. Has a cat. Went to Furman. Not all that funny. A Republican.

Damn! Bizarro Derek is an asshole. He's the kind of guy Regular Derek, I mean "I", would punch in the face.

But with my luck, I have the friggin' evil-as-Hell, Bizarro Derek that wants to destroy the universe. And he'd probably have cool superpowers. Man, he's an asshole too!

D

No comments: