Wednesday, January 04, 2006

More bars and more irritations in more places...

I fucking hate Cingular.

There. I said it. Well, again anyways.

I fucking hate Cingular and think about switching every other day, I just never get around to it. The fact that they just put up a new tower about 200 yards away from my apartment does help them a little bit, but it's one commercial that they have that gets me all sentimental and makes me forget about how much I loathe them. Temporarily.

You may have seen what I now refer to as "my commercial." The one where at the end of the first date (I'm assuming) the girl tells the guy "I'll call you later" and they proceed to show him in different situations being "that guy" who constantly checks his phone to see if she's called (i.e., me).
In the shower: "Ooooh! Someone's calling! Crap, not her. Damn you, Larry."
On the bike: "Dang, no new messages that I might have missed since the last time I checked 5 minutes ago."
In the bar: Just flat out off in La La Land not paying a damned bit of attention to his friends.

But when she does call, he does the celebratory "Yes!" and everything is right with the world.

Yeah, that's my commercial. Which after typing this all up, is really just a sad, sad commentary on and condensation of my entire love life.

Shit. Now I really fucking hate Cingular.

And I actually found a longer version of the commercial here.

D

2 comments:

Erin said...

But Cingular has a million Journey ringtones!

D said...

adammmmmm- let's at least wait until I can finally switch to another carrier. Our service sucks already, no need to screw it up even more. But when I switch, Cingular you will pay!