Thursday, January 12, 2006

It's not quite "12 Angry Men"...

But I'll be sequestered in my apartment this weekend. Kept far removed from all friends and family for the majority of the time.

Or I can think of it as being quarantined along with the dog due to a severe case of "lackoffundsitis". You may have had this once or twice before, so I think you know what kind of terrible pain I'm going through:
-Missing out on college hockey in Savannah
-Missing out on seeing some good friends in Savannah
-Celebrating a good friend's impending birthday...in Savannah
-Enjoying the nightlife and revelry of the bar scene...in...Statesboro (ha! gotcha!)

So, due to my body over-exerting itself late last month when I got paid early and most certainly did NOT have "lackoffundsitis", I'll be relegated to hearing about the good times had by all sans me.

I plan to try and salvage the weekend by watching the entire 1st season of Scrubs, playing the hell out of Star Wars Battlefront, possibly drinking the cheapest beer that the 'Boro has to offer (I mean it, I may find and drink the cheapest beer here and see if I live to tell about it), sleeping, and whatever else I can think of that doesn't require money.

So, to all of you who are off to do something other than what I'm doing: have fun, be safe and PISS OFF!!

D

7 comments:

Erin said...

Elohsa is playing at Dos friday night... If you decide to venture out that's where you'll find us!

D said...

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!

Erin said...

You should come out anyway... You know that they only play once or twice a semester now that they all live in different states... I wont let you drink too much, I promise... ;)

D said...

That's a grand idea, with the biggest problem of being "I don't throw parties at my house any more". I hate my place getting messy and Erin wouldn't come over 'cause of the dog. Plus he'd be running around like a tank stuck in forward with no driver.
That and several of the people who I think would come won't be in town which makes it automatically into a lamer party due to small size.

I actually don't mind having a slow weekend, just wish I wasn't forced to do it.

D said...

Oh, and $10 for a case of Natty Light? Damn, that's even cheaper than here...

Paul said...

Derek, sounds like you have a rough weekend. I'll post a lot of stuff so you'll have something to read. But you need to know that I changed the URL of my blog from newsucantuse to paulspoop.blogspot.com

Hope you will continue reading since you'll be stuck in the house alone while Erin is partying with Elosha.

What kind of dog do you have?

D said...

Alison-
No. The only time I agreed to wear that agina was if we went to the National Championship. Scott said he'd wear one too though. But that never came to pass.

Paul-
Good to know about the URL change...was just about to link to it. Figured it was about time since I go there all the time. Actually, I may have been talked into going to Savannah on Sat but with the true intentions of spending no money. No computer at home to read with, but I'll catch up next week at work, so post away. He's a white German Shephard.