Friday, January 06, 2006

Move over Sports Illustrated

Maybe I should subscribe to the Modern Drunkard Magazine. It's certainly more fitting than S.I. at this point.

How could I not want a magazine that has "You know you're a drunkard when:"
-TV beer ads have started addressing you by name.
-Your favorite bar is four blocks away- six blocks coming back.
-Alcoholism doesn't run in your family- it takes its own sweet time.
-To you "Last call!" sounds just like "Please don't leave! We love you and your charming wit!"
-You forget how pants work.

There's also reviews, sports, advice, comics and more!

Plus they have a freakin' convention!!! I've found a new Mecca. Ok, so this year I hit Dragon Con first, and then The 3rd Annual Modern Drunkard Convention.

Only problem is it's $24 for 6 issues. Hmmm...maybe for now I'll just stick with the webpage. And ask for the magazine subscription for my birthday.

D

3 comments:

D said...

We'll just rent a bus for everyone. Pick up people along the way too.

The Icon said...

I'm not going to lie to you...

D said...

I make no promises...