Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I'm sick & tired of being sick & tired!

Author's note: I have added a brief blurb due to Alison's criticism and nagging. (SARCASM)

Stupid weak immune system. I guess that just means I haven't been drinking enough lately. When I was drinking more frequently than I do now, I never got sick. My body was battle tested through constant skirmishes with Miller's army and Jim Beam and his Hurling Commandos. No germ/virus had the balls to walk into my body and try to start something. Maybe I should go get some beer on the way home and self medicate tonight.



But whatever. I think I've mostly kicked it and kind of want to go running today. However, I usually don't go running on Wednesdays as it is a "rest day" in my weekly running routine so I'll go tomorrow if I can. And besides, today is a very special day:

New Comic Book Day!!! Otherwise known as Wednesday, Alison. (SARCASM)


DC's Justice #4

Going to pick up my comics will make me feel better. Just as long as they're all in my pull box this time. I've run into a couple of problems lately that have irritated me just a little bit. Most notably them leaving Wolverine #37 out and now they can't go back and reorder it, which means I have to hunt for it at other stores or order online. And I can't read #38 (which I do have) until I get #37. Damn.


Marvel's Wolverine #37


Oooh! And a new Lost is on tonight too:
Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 9/8c
"One of Them"
Rousseau leads Sayid to a captive who may be one of the "Others," and Sawyer forces Hurley to help him track down an elusive island creature.

So tonight ought to be a good one. Hopefully.

D

4 comments:

D said...

No! I usually don't go running on Wednesday. I have a finely tuned system worked out...

That just happens to revolve around New Comic Day (Wednesdays).

So nyah!

D said...

*sigh*
You'll just never understand the love between a geek and his comic books.

Erm, I mean, um, I run Mon & Tues, rest Wed, run Thur & Fri and rest Sat & Sun. So it's all part of a master plan.

"Excellent."

Now I shall correct my post, thank you very much.

D said...

Alison-
*sigh* Don't give me that. I've been using sarcasm to make people (mostly girls and a few guys) cry for as long as I remember, so don't try to go all Obi Won on me here. I just felt compelled to over stress the sarcasm. BUT, I may consider becoming your apprentice in the great ways of the Sarcasm. If that's an offer.

Adammmmm-
Tell me about it. My sinuses are still kicking my ass. But the weather's probably too good to pass up today. And yep, I did notice the soldier that was Kate's "stepdad" or "dad" or whatever the hell he is. He had the damned picture is what I mean.

NOTE TO ANYONE WHO CARES:
I ended up getting my hands on Wolverine #37 and another couple of things I needed at a comic shop when I was in Augusta today. Sweet.

D said...

What, me turn heel? Nah. Well, yeah, probably. But I'm always willing to learn.

And you should definitely rent the 1st season of Lost. Then try to catch up on season 2. You can get the episodes of iTunes if you have the video iPod.