Friday, February 03, 2006

Super Bowl!


I tried to come up with some crazy scheme to pick this year's Super Bowl, like trying to get the dog to pick one (he was none too cooperative). But that didn't pan out. Hmm...maybe if I had a monkey...

At least with all the bowl games I had a little more insight into the matchups and had more to work with.

So, I just figured I'd go with my go-to-guy's pick for Sunday. The man who was 66% for his picks for the whole year:

G4's Jimmy the Geek.

He usually sets his picks for whichever games after simulating them on Madden, NCAA, MLB, NHL, etc. And that's good enough for me.



So, Jimmy's (and my actual, original) pick for Super Bowl XL?

The Pittsburgh Steelers

Straight from Jimmy's G4 page:
The Prop: Who Will Win SBXL?
The Line: Pittsburgh -4 Seattle
The Bet: $500/Pittsburgh -4
The Geek: It’s the Big Boy and we’ve placed our money accordingly. If the Steelers beat Cincy, Indy and Denver on the road only to lose this game they might as well just live in Detroit. It’ll already feel like they are in hell, might as well make it a reality. And if they only win by a field goal I’ll move there myself.

So there we have it. A (not so) scientific formula to determine the winner of Super Bowl XL. And let's face it; as formulas go, this has got to be the coolest.

D

5 comments:

The Icon said...

I'm going to go with that one team that had a really good season this year. I was really impressed with the amount of truly good players they had on the field. They had a good offense and a stronger defense that average.

I think that they will really put their opponant in their place.

D said...

How general of you. But I expect nothing less when it comes to sports.

D said...

It's better to be lucky than good.

Generaly, anyways.

D said...

Maybe they can make bets with each other.

Jessica said...

Seahawks I like Hassleback.